After an exciting week 10 of action, the NFL named its weekly award winners.
American Football Conference (AFC)
- Ben Roethlisberger, quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers, has been named the AFC Offensive Player of week 10.
- Roethlisberger, coming off the bench, threw for 379 yards and three touchdowns as his team went on to beat the Cleveland Browns.
- Bacarri Rambo, safety for the Buffalo Bills, has been named the AFC Defensive Player of week 10.
- Rambo was all over the field, forcing two fumbles and sealing the Bills victory over the New York Jets with a fourth quarter interception.
- Stephen Gostkowski, kicker for the New England Patriots, has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of week 10.
- The Patriots needed every one of Gostkowski’s two extra points and three field goals, especially the game winning 54 yarder against the New York Giants.
National Football Conference (NFC)
- Kirk Cousins, quarterback for the Washington Redskins, has been named the NFC Offensive Player of week 10.
- Cousins passed for 324 yards and four touchdowns en-route to a blowout victory over the New Orleans Saints.
- Terence Newman, cornerback for the Minnesota Vikings, has been named the NFC Defensive Player of week 10.
- Newman came away with two interceptions and recorded a career high five passes defensed in last week’s win against the Oakland Raiders.
- Ameer Abdullah, kick returner for the Detroit Lions, has been named the NFC Special Teams Player of week 10.
- Abdullah had a key 104 yard kickoff return, which set up a crucial score in his team’s win over the Green Bay Packers.