College Football dropped a pop quiz on some teams this past weekend and while most teams showed up prepared, other teams saw their championship hopes dashed. There were a couple of tests that we had circled on our boards here at the All Sports Talk offices and while it wasn’t pretty, just about everyone pulled through.
Top 25 matchups included:
- Top Ranked Alabama Squeaking out a Victory over 10th Ranked Arkansas
- Third Ranked Boise State Defeats 24th ranked Oregon State
- 17th Ranked Auburn Upsets the 12th Ranked South Carolina Gamecocks
- 15th Ranked LSU Hanging on to Beat 22nd Ranked West Virginia
Other ranked teams who faced tough tests:
- #5 Oregon gets a Road Win over the Sun Devils
- #6 Nebraska Looking flat against South Dakota State
- #8 Oklahoma Hangs on vs. Cincinnati at home
- #14 Arizona scored Late TD to Top Cal
- #23 Penn State comes from Behind to Beat Temple
But the one game that shocked us all was played down in Austin Texas, as the UCLA Bruins entered with a losing record, but rallied to beat the Longhorns pretty soundly. The loss dropped Texas from #4 to #21, all but dashing their hopes for a championship.
The rest of the top 25 AP and USA Today Polls look like this:
AP Top 25
USA Today Poll
|1||Alabama (57)||4-0||1496||1||Alabama (57)||4-0||1472|
|2||Ohio State (2)||4-0||1431||2||Ohio State (2)||4-0||1412|
|3||Boise State (1)||3-0||1356||3||Boise State||3-0||1312|
|20||South Carolina||3-1||397||20||Penn State||3-1||347|
|22||Penn State||3-1||197||22||South Carolina||3-1||272|
|23||North Carolina State||4-0||166||23||Missouri||4-0||182|
|24||Michigan State||4-0||149||24||Oklahoma State||3-0||146|
There was joy in Austin for those of us who have to listen to the Burnt Orange drivel 24 – 7! It made the 7 Sun Devil TO’s much more palatable with that Longhorn spanking already in the books!
Haha, I forgot that despite living in Austin, you still love to see the Longhorns lose. I don’t have any specific hatred towards Texas, so all of ASU’s turnovers stung pretty hard. 1 starting senior on the team means that they hopefully won’t make the same mistakes next year if they all come back.
Comments are closed.